If you have walked down Telegraph, you have probably seen an empty lot on the left side of an intersection. Surrounded by a tall metal fence, wild grass growing about a few concrete reminders that there was once something here.
This lot on Haste and Telegraph has been empty for about 20 years. Revitalizing it could help beautify the community and increase the economic vitality of the area. This website serves as a springboard for ideas, thoughts, discussion, and dialogue as to how Telegraph and Haste could be made to be great.
Lot on Haste: a collection of voices from Haste and Telegraph
- The lot used to be the site of the Berkeley Inn.
- 1911: The Berkeley Inn was designed and built.
- 1986 & 1990: This hotel caught fire and was demolished.
- 1992-1994: The city tried to negotiate the purchase of the site in conjunction with the nonprofit Resources for Community Development (RCD); however, because of the election, the plan died.
- The lot was purchased by a private land owner.
- Today, the lot has become a residence for rats.